Things We’re Not Allowed To Talk About At Home:
1. The children my mother lost trying to bear a boy child for my father.
2. The perfumes and lipsticks stains on my father’s shirts.
3. Bhuti Zolile raped sisi Nocawe’s daughter when she was 1 years old.
4. My mother’s weeping at 3 am.
5. My sister’s forced back street abortion when she was 12 years old.
6. Malum’Ntozabantu raped sisi Nocawe when she was 15 years old.
7. My grandmother said my sister had demons when she hanged herself .
8. My brother’s addiction to drugs.
9. My mother’s dreams which will never see the light of day.
10. When I was 15, bhuti Mzoxolo applied Vaseline on my bum and said it won’t hurt.